Bb Known Issue: Mac OS X Missing Grade Center Scrollbars in Chrome and Safari
Issue Description: The horizontal scrollbar is missing from the Grade Center when using Mac OS X and Google Chrome or Safari.
Steps to Replicate:
- Using Mac OS X and Chrome or Safari as the browser, log in to Blackboard.
- Access a course with a grade center with multiple items.
The horizontal scrollbar is displayed.
No horizontal scrollbar is displayed.
Workaround: This issue is due to OS X’s different settings for scrollbars starting with Lion. The workaround for Lion and Mountain Lion users is as follows:
- Launch System Preferences, either from the Dock or from the Apple menu.
- Once the System Preferences window opens, select the General preference pane.
- The middle section of the General preference pane controls when scroll bars appear and a few additional scroll bar options.
- To return the scroll bars to their pre-Lion functionality, select “Always” from the Show Scroll Bars options. The scroll bars will now always be visible, even when you’re not scrolling.
Note: This issue cannot be replicated on OS X 10.8.3 with Chrome 25.0.1364.172.